ChemConx SB Ultra, offers broad spectrum protection in cosmetic and personal care formulations. It is a specialty blend of Gluconodeltalactone and Sodium Benzoate, and is an effective alternative to typical preservative systems. The ingredients are accepted by ECOCERT as a preservative in all kinds of products, even certified organic cosmetics.
The blend of Gluconodeltalactone and Sodium Benzoate, INCI Name Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate is made of a combination of ingredients granted GRAS status (Generally Recognized As Safe), the ChemConx SB Ultra ingredients are accepted by ECOCERT as preservatives in certified organic cosmetics.
The main constituent ingredient, Gluconolactone, is considered "next generation AHA, and a naturally occurring food additive - gluten-free fermented food starch derived from non genetically-modified (non GMO) corn via a fermentation process with non genetically-modified microorganisms, gluconolactone finds use in the food and cosmetic industry as a moisturizer, antioxidant and chelant. Gluconolactone is a Polyhydroxy acid (PHA) found in bee’s honey. Sodium benzoate is a preservative with the added benefits of fungistatic properties to inhibit fungus under acidic conditions (pH should be 6 or below), and is also a bacteriostatic agent or bacteriostat. Calcium gluconate is added at a very low level as an inert flow agent, and is typically not in the INCI name.
INCI Gluconolactone (and) Sodium Benzoate is considered suitable for all skin types, including sensitive skin. It is generally considered and all around, non-irritating product. As an extra benefit, studies have shown that Gluconolactone- containing formulations offer skin smoothing benefits, and may reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
ChemConx Ultra SB, being a powder, and since it is added in to the water phase, may help with stability issues, and stop the aggravation of separation after a product is made, and possibly simplify the cooling process. Another benefit you amy see is that this product will not alter or change the feel and the viscosity after cool - down.
- Add to ambient temperature water, prior to heating
- Once the Chemconx Ultra SB is added to water, begin mixing to have the best soluble / homogenous blend to minimize cloudiness
- A broad spectrum preservative
- Globally approved (at 2.0% usage in formulation, only 0.495% sodium benzoate)
- Compatible with most commonly used cosmetic ingredients
- Can be added during production allowing for better control
- offered in powder form which will not challenge most emulsions
- GRAS (generally regarded as safe) composition
- A Proven moisturizer
- Effective over a pH range of pH 3 - 6
- Vegan - This product has no animal products, has not come in to contact with animal products, nor has it been tested on animals.
- Recommended Use Levels: 0.75% - 1.5%, up to 2%
- Add to a portion of the water phase which is then added to the batch
- ph efficacy over range of 3 to 6
- Hair Care products: Shampoos, Conditioners, Rinses
- Skin Care: Shower Gels, Lotions, Moisturizers, Creams
- Surfactant blends - Shampoo, Body washes
- Creams and Lotions
- Bath & body products like cleansing gels