Unique selection of Ingredients, Chemicals, Specialty Surfactants melt and pour soaps and supplies for do-it-yourself chemists, hobbyists, and crafters
Need help? (888) 583-7738
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate 5 Lb
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate is a natural, food grade,surfactant and emulsifier derived from the lauric acid ester of lactyl lactate.
INCI: Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate
Chemical name: Sodium 2- (1- carboxylatoethoxy)- 1- methyl- 2- oxoethyl laurate
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate has excellent properties for offering top skin moisturizing. Additionally it leaves a smooth feel on application.
Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate is the emulsifier of choice for natural products.
It is especially suited for formulating all natural cleansing products since it is a great foamer and is SO gentle to the skin.
Lactylates penetrate deeper in to the dermis' dead layers of skin to add: * Excellent moisturizing
* Enhanced delivery of the actives
Some formulating Guidelines:
* Always add to the water phase
* 1.5 to 3.0% in emulsions,
* 10.0 to 30% in surfactant systems
* If additional thickeners required-
o 2.0 to 3.0% cetyl alcohol or cetearyl alcohol
* co-emulsifiers recommended for optimal stability
o 1.5 to 2.5% glyceryl stearate
o 2.0 to 2.8% myristyl myristate
* additional surfactants recommended for optimal foam (formulate for total 30.0 to 40.0 total actives)
o 10.0 to 30.0% polyclucose lactylate blend
o 10.0 to 30.0% decyl glucoside
* Liquid Soaps
* Baby wash
* Sensitive Skin Face wash
* Skin Lotions and Creams
* Laundry products
* fragrance sprays / pomades
* shaving creams
When formulating with Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate keep in mind:
* There are no thickening properties.
* Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate does not respond to sodium to thicken.
* Lactylate are non-ionic and are therefore incompatible with cationics
o do not use with the any cationic proteins
o do not use with conditioning guar which is also a cationic
* off white solid wax
* water soluble
* store dry, away from moisture
* stable for 3yrs when stored tightly and used properly
* HLBV 14.4
Ships UPS Ground or UPS Large Flat Rate Box
Thanks for your business!