Varisoft EQ 65 Biodegradable Vegetable derived Ester Quat
Varisoft EQ 65 is a vegetable sourced, readily biodegradable cationic ester quat conditioner, and emulsifier, and thickener for making all kinds of unique, hair conditioning and skin care products. Varisoft EQ 65 is a versatile, easy to use ingredient that adds so many benefits and advantages, plus it is environmentally friendly since it is vegetable based. So if you, or your customers are looking to develop products with more of a green label, this is an excellent choice. It is a great alternative for making hair conditioners and detanglers, oil in water emulsions for skin care and sun care products.
Varisoft EQ 65 is based on high purity stearic acid and compounded with Cetearyl Alcohol.
Varisoft EQ 65 offers compounders many advantages compared to other products. In addition to a much better feel in the products, a very unique dry powdery sensation, in skin and hair care there are many advantages to Varisoft EQ 65.
- Efficient conditioning compound
- Better label profile since it is vegetable derived, biodegradable and EcoCert
- Creates conditioners with a rich, creamy appearance.
- Good oil in water Emulsifying properties
- Easy rinsing
- Cationic emulsifier for extra performance
- Great after-feel. Nice powdery smooth results.
- Easy handling
- Make Green, Enviro- friendly Skin products - Lotions, Creams, Moisturizers using Varisoft EQ 65 as the emulsifier
- Great for Enviro Friendly Hair Care Products like Conditioners, Leave in conditioners, detanglers
- Sun care and after sun care products with a smooth, powdery skin feel and low to no tackiness
Typical usage levels
0.5 - 10.0 % Varisoft EQ 65 (some formulas may call for higher usage on a percentage level, but that is not typical)
Appearance: White Pastilles/ Beads
Odor: Fatty (typical)
pH as supplied, at 5%: 3.0 - 6.0
Melting Point: 79°-81°C (174 - 178°F)
Solubility: Soluble in water
Shelf Life: 12 Months, properly stored in a cool, closed packaging
Country of Origin: Germany
INCI Name INCI Name Distearoylethyl Dimonium Chloride; Cetearyl Alcohol