Unique selection of Ingredients, Chemicals, Specialty Surfactants melt and pour soaps and supplies for do-it-yourself chemists, hobbyists, and crafters
Need help? (888) 583-7738
Pure Zinc Oxide formulating Grade FCC for creams, lotions , formulating, dietary (Sold by Gram)
Pure Zinc Oxide
USP FCC POWDER
A fine white odorless powder.
Also known as: Zinc Oxide, Zincite, CAS # 1314-13-2, Zincox, Zinc White
Zinc Oxide is nearly insoluble in water and in alcohol and is soluble in dilute acids and in strong bases / alkalis.
Zinc oxide occurs in nature as the mineral zincite.
Pure Zinc Oxide is used in a wide variety of applications including:
* Paint and coatings pigment (white )
- As a pigment in paints, is more opaque than lithopone, but less opaque than titanium dioxide.
* Coatings for paper. Chinese white is a special grade of zinc white used in artists' pigments.
In ointments, salves, creams and lotions - since Zinc Oxide absorbs both UVA and UVB rays of ultraviolet light, zinc oxide gives some protection against sunburn and other damage to the skin caused by ultraviolet light. It is the broadest spectrum UVA and UVB absorber that is approved for use as a sunscreen by FDA, and is completely photostable. *** You can not offer to sell, or advertise a sunscreen claiming a particular SPF value on your lable until your product has been tested and validated by the FDA (Federal Food & Drug Administration).
Since zinc oxide has antimicrobial and antifungal activities, it is the number one active ingredient recommended by pediatricians for the treatment of diaper rash. You must determine the efficacy of zinc oxide in your formulations for skin protection and use accordingly.
* There is a lot of controversy, and valid questions about the use of nano sized particles in cosmetics and personal care products. We do not offer nano sized particles of any products. The products we sell meet formulating grade requirements.
We sell larger sizes up to 50 Lb bags and even pallets.
Call or email for pricing.
* Shipping - 100 gram to 300 gram typically ship by Priority mail. Larger sizes, up to 3 Kg / 6.6 Lb ship via USPS Medium Flat Rate box. Larger sizes ship UPS Ground.
Thanks for your business!